Land Claims

There is a significant amount of Inuit-Owned Land in Nunavut. However, boundaries are rarely marked. Visitors are responsible for learning the restrictions that apply to the specific areas they wish to enter. Any operations of a private, commercial, or public nature occurring on Inuit-Owned Land requires authorization by the regional Inuit organization and/or Hamlet office (please see Hamlet contact information under the community contact section).

Please contact the Inuit Land Administration Office for permit requirements in each area.

Kitikmeot Regional Office
(867) 982-3310
Representing Bathurst Inlet, Cambridge Bay, Gjoa Haven, Kugaaruk, Kugluktuk, Taloyoak, Umingmaktok

Kivalliq Regional Office
(867) 645-2810
Representing Arviat, Baker Lake, Chesterfield Inlet, Coral Harbour, Rankin Inlet, Repulse Bay, Whale Cove

Qikiqtani Regional Office
(867) 979-5391 or toll-free 1-800-220-6581
Representing Arctic Bay, Cape Dorset, Clyde River, Grise Fiord, Hall Beach, Igloolik, Iqaluit, Kimmirut, Pangnirtung, Pond Inlet, Qikiqtarjuaq, Resolute Bay, Sanikiluaq